Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On Friday, God once again showed me how much He cares for me. I was driving my sister and I to HEB and Supercuts and noticed my red temperature light was on in my car. Hmmm....was that thing on all the time as a normal light or was something wrong? (Forgive me good ppl and have patience; I'm no car expert! I barely know how to put gas in it. :D) I kept drving. Then it was time to go to work. The light didn't come on when I turned the car on. SO, that light WASN'T supposed to be on. About halfway to work, it came on....and the temperature in the car was getting high, even to my inexperianced eye. I knew that thing had a radiator problem, and figured I was running out of water. I planned to call my brother when I got to work. Sadly, the car never made it to work that day It quit on me about 1/8-1/4 of a mile away. Just died at a stoplight. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!? Lord please help me! I called mom, and a very kind gentleman (who, BTW, had run out of gas at the same time. Like I said, God once again showed how much He cares for me. :D) came to help me push it off the road. Thankfully, seeing as I was so close to work, I was able to just walk there and was only a few minutes late. Mom and dad came to get the car and take it to the mechanic. (Dad put some water in the car and managed to get it started and running again...) The mechanic replaced the water pump (I think....) and also repaired the right turn signal, which for some reason decided to conk out when dad was driving to the mechanic. All in all, I spent about $450, which is waay better than the $650 we were told it was going to cost!!

So, lessons learned? 1) Watch the tempurature gauge and know when the temperature is getting dangerous (I knew to watch it, but didn't know what was dangerous....until it was too late and that light had already come on. I also regret not pulling over....:P) in your car, especially when it has a known radiator problem. 2) Keep some distilled water in your back seat or trunk just in case. 3) God always provides for us, even when the predicament we're in is the result of our stupidity. (As is usually the case. :D)

This weekend we also went camping, as I posted last. We had sooo much fun!! Ate some treat foods (chips, soda, granola bars) waded around in the veeerrry slippery river (which right now isn't much of a river. :P It's too dry!) hiked and also rested! Here are some pics of my sisters climbing trees:

Take a look at the video I embedded at the bottom of the page...it's pretty cute, especially for we horse lovers. :D

In Christ,
~E



3 comments:

Bethany said...

Great post! It is awesome how much Christ cares for us.

~Bethany~

Josh said...

Hey Edith,
Great to see you in the blogworld! Sounds like you had quite the adventure?!!!

God Bless,
Josh(horseboy)

Living4Jesus said...

Thanks for commenting guys!! It's always fun to get comments and see what y'all are thinking about my posts. ;D

Yes, yes, it was an adventure! An educational one, too. ;) Hey, there's ALWAYS something new to learn! Especially with those cars.....you guys don't tend to have that problem. But I most always can get you on the subject of sewing or dogs. At least, I can get my brother! And what's better than that?!? (I hope you know I'm kidding around here. ;))

~E